Farzad is a specialist in in Brain Photobiomodulation and Editorial Board Member of Journal of "Photobiomodulation, Photomedicine, and Laser Surgery".
Director of the Scientific Advisory Board, at Niraxx Light Therapeutics, Inc., UC Irvine Research Park, 5251 California Ave. Suite 130, Irvine, CA 92617, USA
Editorial Duties for Journals
- Editorial Board Member of Journal of "Photobiomodulation, Photomedicine, and Laser Surgery"
- Associate Editor for a Special Issue of the Journal of Photobiomodulation, Photomedicine, and Laser Surgery on "Photobiomodulation for Brain Disorders: Treatment and Prevention"
Board, Council, Committee
- Professional Organization Member North American Association for PhotobiomoduLation Therapy (NAALT) (2018 - Present)
- Professional Organization Member American Society for Laser Medicine and Surgery (ASLMS) (2016)
- Review Committee Member QuietMind Foundation's Institutional Review Board (IRB) (2018 - Present)
- Laser applications in medicine (especially in neurorehabilitation)
- Physical interventions in neurosciences
- Brain physics
Turkish, Persian, English
- Farzad Salehpour, Michael R Hamblin (2020). Photobiomodulation for Parkinson's Disease in Animal Models: A Systematic Review. Biomolecules; 10 (4), 610-629.
- Farzad Salehpour, Sevda Gholipour, Fereshteh Farajdokht, Farzin Kamari, Tomasz Walski, Michael R Hamblin, Joe O DiDuro, Paolo Cassano (2020). Therapeutic Potential of Intranasal Photobiomodulation Therapy for Neurological and Neuropsychiatric Disorders: A Narrative Review. Reviews in the Neurosciences; 31 (3), 269-286.
- Farzad Salehpour, Alireza Majdi, Mahdieh Pazhuhi, Faranak Ghasemi, Mahsa Khademi, Fariba Pashazadeh, Michael R Hamblin, Paolo Cassano (2019). Transcranial Photobiomodulation Improves Cognitive Function in Young Healthy Adults: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis. Photobiomodulation, Photomedicine, and Laser Surgery (In Press).
- Farzad Salehpour, Paolo Cassano, Naser Rouhi, Michael R Hamblin, Luis De Taboada, Fereshteh Farajdokht, Javad Mahmoudi (2019). Penetration Profiles of Visible and Near-Infrared Lasers and LEDs Light through the Head Tissues in Animal and Human Species: A Review of Literature. Photobiomodulation, Photomedicine, and Laser Surgery (In Press).
- Reza Meynaghizadeh-Zargar, Farzad Salehpour, Michael R Hamblin, Saeed Sadigh-Eteghad (2019). The Potential Application of Upconverting Nanoparticles for Brain Photobiomodulation. Photobiomodulation, Photomedicine, and Laser Surgery (In Press).
- Farzad Salehpour, Fereshteh Farajdokht, Javad Mahmoudi, Marjan Erfani, Mehdi Farhoudi, Pouran Karimi, Seyed Hossein Rasta, Saeed Sadigh-Eteghad, Michael R Hamblin, Albert Gjedde (2019). Photobiomodulation and Coenzyme Q10 Treatments Attenuate Cognitive Impairment Associated with Model of Transient Global Brain Ischemia in Artificially Aged Mice. Frontiers in Cellular Neuroscience; 13, 74.
- Ali Jahan, Mohammad Ali Nazari, Javad Mahmoudi, Farzad Salehpour, Maryam Moghadam Salimi (2019). Transcranial Near-infrared Photobiomodulation Could Modulate Brain Electrophysiological Features and Attentional Performance in Healthy Young Adults. Lasers in Medical Science (In press).
- Farzad Salehpour, Michael R Hamblin, Joe O DiDuro (2019). Rapid Reversal of Cognitive Decline, Olfactory Dysfunction and Quality of Life Improvements Using Multi-Modality Photobiomodulation Therapy: Case Report. Photobiomodulation, Photomedicine, and Laser Surgery; 37 (3), 159-167.
- Farzad Salehpour, Fereshteh Farajdokht, Paolo Cassano, Saeed Sadigh-Eteghad, Marjan Erfani, Michael R Hamblin, Maryam Moghadam Salimi, Pouran Karimi, Seyed Hossein Rasta, Javad Mahmoudi (2019). Photobiomodulation Combined with Coenzyme Q10 for Depression in a Mouse Model of Restraint Stress: Reduction in Oxidative Stress, Neuroinflammation, and Apoptosis. Brain Research Bulletin; 144, 213-222.
- Farzad Salehpour, Luis De Taboada, Paolo Cassano, Farzin Kamari, Seyed Hossein Rasta, Saeed Sadigh- Eteghad (2018). A Protocol for Transcranial Photobiomodulation Therapy in Mice. Journal of Visualized Experiments; (141), e59076.
- Farzad Salehpour, Javad Mahmoudi, Fereshteh Farajdokht, Nazila Eyvazzadeh (2018). Noise Stress Impairs Social Interaction in Adult Male Mice: Role of Oxidative Stress and Neuroendocrine Markers. Crescent Journal of Medical and Biological Sciences; 5(4), 272-278.
- 10. Saeed Sadigh-Eteghad, Mohammad Hossein Geranmayeh, Alireza Majdi, Farzad Salehpour, Javad Mahmoudi, Mehdi Farhoudi (2018). Intranasal cerebrolysin improves cognitive function and structural synaptic plasticity in photothrombotic mouse model of medial prefrontal cortex ischemia. Neuropeptide; 71, 61–69.
- Maryam Azarfarin, Fereshteh Farajdokht, Shirin Babri, Farzad Salehpour, Milad Taghizadeh, Gisou Mohaddes (2018). Effects of Troxerutin on anxiety- and depressive-like behaviors induced by chronic mild stress in adult male rats. Iranian Journal of Basic Medical Sciences; 21(8), 781-786.
- Farzad Salehpour, Fereshteh Farajdokht, Marjan Erfani, Saeed Sadigh-Eteghad, Siamak Sandoghchian, Michael R Hamblin, Pouran Karimi, Seyed Hossein Rasta, Javad Mahmoudi (2018). Transcranial near-infrared photobiomodulation attenuates memory impairment and hippocampal oxidative stress in sleep-deprived mice. Brain Research; 1682, 36-43.
- Farzad Salehpour, Javad Mahmoudi, Farzin Kamari, Saeed Sadigh-Eteghad, Seyed Hossein Rasta, Michael R Hamblin (2018). Brain Photobiomodulation Therapy: a Narrative Review. Molecular Neurobiology; 55(8), 6601- 6636.
- Farzad Salehpour, Nahid Ahmadian, Seyed Hossein Rasta, Mehdi Farhoudi, Pouran Karimi, Saeed Sadigh- Eteghad (2017). Transcranial low-level laser therapy improves brain mitochondrial function and cognitive impairment in D-galactose-induced aging mice. Neurobiology of Aging; 58, 140-150.
- Farzad Salehpour, Seyed Hossein Rasta (2017). The potential of transcranial photobiomodulation therapy for treatment of major depressive disorder. Reviews in the Neuroscience; 28(4), 441-453.
- Farzad Salehpour, Seyed Hossein Rasta, Gisou Mohaddes, Saeed Sadigh-Eteghad, Sima Salarirad (2016). Therapeutic effects of 10-Hz pulsed wave lasers in rat depression model: a comparison between near-infrared and red wavelengths. Lasers in Surgery and Medicine; 48(7), 695-705.
+ Diverse conference papers and submitted papers